Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Tacos

If nothing goes right the rest of the day, I won't care, because I just ate tacos!  It was a process, but so worth it.  I am covered in flour, bean juice, and I dropped guacamole on a little girl's face.

The last couple of days I accumulated red and green bell peppers, avocados and black beans.  All I was missing was tortillas; I decided to take on the challenge of making my own.

The dough was super sticky and soft.  My tortillas were all sorts of crazy shapes, but once I piled on the re-fried black beans, guacamole, and sauteed peppers and onions, you couldn't even tell!

One thing I really miss about Arizona is the abundance of Mexican food.  I can't wait to have chips and salsa, quesadillas, and margaritas!

Side note: Last night when I was getting ready for bed, there was tons of lightening.  I woke up in the middle of the night to a crazy rain storm.  Buckets of rain were pouring down.  I thought my little house was going to be washed away.

No comments:

Post a Comment