Thursday, September 8, 2011

September

These first weeks of September have been great!

Some of the things I am happy about:
hiking
baking
planning the literacy program
school finally starting
tutoring continues
having a new table and cabinet
agreeing to teach the teachers English twice a week

The rest of the month looks bright as well!  I am headed to the beach in Azua this Saturday for Laura's birthday.  We plan on spending the night in San Juan in order to attend a Rotaract meeting.  There is a grocery store and fruit vendors in San Juan so I will be bringing home lots of goodies.  The end of the month there are meetings for the different volunteer committees at the Peace Corps office in the capital.  After attending some meetings I plan on soaking up the sun at the beach.  I hope the tropical storms and hurricanes don't rain on my parade.

No comments:

Post a Comment