Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Latrine

The shack in my yard that serves as my 'bathroom' has been stressing me out a bit.  I have forever had a dislike for port-a-potties, outhouses, and biffies.  My only stipulation for a house during my search was an indoor bathroom.  An actual room in your house to bathe and do your business is very convenient (please note how pleasant your experience is next time you enjoy your bathroom).  Note: Here it is rare to find a flushing toilet; you have to manually flush with a bucket of water.


Needless to say, with my luck, there were no available houses with indoor bathrooms.  I thought it wouldn't be too bad.  After all it was my own private latrine and in pretty good condition.  Let's just say, I am not as good at roughing it as others.  I trying adding a toilet seat, hoping that it would improve my experience, but no, I was still uncomfortable.

So, after a community wide discussion about my comfort level and 'bad aim' I purchased a second hand toilet  that is being installed in my latrine while I am away.

I can't wait to see my new and improved latrine!


No comments:

Post a Comment