Friday, August 19, 2011

Campo Smoothie

I have been dreaming of whipping up a smoothie ever since I got to this fresh fruit filled country.  Today, my dream was fulfilled!  It was no easy feat to put it together.

First, I spotted the nearest colmado owner enjoying strawberries.  My mouth was watering as I asked him where he found them.  Turns out he brought them from Santo Domnigo.  He gifted me four.  The little neighbor girl saw me carting them home and asked for one, and another one for her sister.  Ugh, I'm down to two strawberries 

I went on to look for bananas at another colmado.  They were out.  Maybe tomorrow they told me.  I then saw a little friend of mine eating grapes.  I asked her which way the grape lady (a Haitian woman who walks around with a huge bucket of grapes balanced on her head) went.  I didn't end up finding her, but I did score some bananas while visiting Celia (where I paint my nails).

While walking back to my house, bananas in hand, my landlord, Sonya, handed me a sack of limes.  I borrowed Maciel's blender.  Combined my strawberries, a banana, lime juice, milk, and dry oatmeal (if you have never put dry oats in your smoothie you must try it.).  I drank my smoothie with great satisfaction.  


No comments:

Post a Comment