Sunday, December 11, 2011

Chicas Brillantes

A few weeks ago I was feeling a little down.  I was trying to start a girls group but nobody was showing up for our Sunday meetings.  Then one Sunday morning two of the girls came to my house and said they had rounded up a group and were planning on meeting me at the school that afternoon.  I was pleasantly surprised to find 14 girls waiting for me.

We discussed what kind of activities they wanted to do, rules of the group and roles of each member.  I was secretly elated when they voted me in for President.  We do fun things every Sunday and I find myself looking forward to our meetings.

So far we have made friendship bracelets, cooked a Christmas feast and decorated a banner to hang up.  I want to keep it fun.  Does anyone have suggestions of craft projects or activities I could do with the girls that do not require a ton of supplies?

No comments:

Post a Comment