Thursday, December 15, 2011

All Up in My Business

I am going to make a sweeping assumption and say that small towns all over the world share one unfavorable quality.  No matter what country, language or culture.   That is gossip, which we call chisme here in the DR.

As I sip my coffee or shell legumes with my neighbors, there isn't much else to talk about except the weather, and the latest neighborhood drama.  I will admit, I have gotten caught up in the juicy details at one time or another, but I have reached my breaking point.  Especially, since I have been a topic of gossip and bad mouthing.  I would rather not know you think I'm selfish because I sold the pig and didn't give everyone and their mom a piece of my winnings, or that I am stuck up because I don't visit every house daily.

I know way too much about everyone's private lives and am tired of hearing the bad things they say about me.  I imagine after weeding this chisme out from my life, I will be an all around happier person with more faith in my community.

I would also like to wear a sign that says if you call me fat I will punch you in the face.  First, because it is none of your business, and second, because you are fatter than me!

Bottom line, I need a break.  At first I thought staying in my site for Christmas would be a good idea, but now I want to run away as fast as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment