Saturday, October 29, 2011

lack of pictures

I would like to apologize for my lack of posts lately.  I have been feeling a bit uninspired.  Maybe it is the absence of pictures to post.

My camera, along with the computer I initially brought with me were stolen back in June.  I have a little netbook now, which had some issues, but it is in better working order after a fellow volunteer did a little work.   My lovely parents sent me a package with a camera and a jacket back in August, but it still has not arrived.

In the process of trying to track down this lost package, there was a bit of a situation the other day.  The DR postal service confirmed that my package was at their office and just needed to be picked up and paid for,  but it didn't end up being that simple.  After some failed communication, and a lot of frustration, I still do not have this darn package.  Maybe next week.  I did receive a wonderful care package from my Auntie Shelly, so all was not lost.

I will be at language training all week starting tomorrow.  Before heading back to my site Friday I will hopefully pick up my camera.  Send good vibes my way to make this possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment