Sunday, October 30, 2011

Decision Made

I have decided against cementing my house.  After I wrote my post about the pros and cons I had initially decided to go for it.  I went over to tell my landlord my plan, and ask for a discount on my rent.  [Note: my landlord is blind and had a stroke years ago, so he doesn't see, walk, or speak].  He is a little intense, so I just blurted it out.  He shook his head violently and told me through his wife that the house is fine as is.  I quietly explained that the wood is full of holes and is falling off the house.  Then he agreed to replace the wood, free of charge.  What a deal!  With all the money I am saving, I think I am going to paint the new wood once it is up.

Anonymous, want to come help me paint?

The only downfall to this is the Dominican sense of time.  I would not be surprised if it took 6 months to start the project.  I will keep you updated on the progress.

1 comment: