Friday, June 10, 2011

Things are looking up

I was at my site for about a month, and I have been in Santo Domingo for a week now. I am getting a site change after my community was found to be an unsafe environment for me to live. I am a little disappointed to have to start the integration process over, but I know I need to do what is best for my safety.

On Monday I will visit a community that solicited for a volunteer to work in adult literacy. I was told it was beautiful mountainous agricultural community (sounds great, I know!). My main project will be working with 80 illiterate adults but I hope to help them with their reforestation project as well.

This week I shoped at the mall, went to happy hour, ate chocolate cake and watched TV in English and lounged by the pool.  I feel so spoiled! I am going to enjoy the rest of my weekend here in the capital.  I will let you guys know how Monday goes.  It is possible I will be moving to my new home next week!

"If you will call your troubles experiences, and remember that
every experience develops some latent force within you, you
will grow vigorous and happy, however adverse your
circumstances may seem to be."
-- John R. Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment