Thursday, March 10, 2011

Week 1

This week we learned to do some truly Dominican things like dance Merengue and Bachata and play Dominoes.  We traveled to the center of Santo Domingo too, where we learned how to get to the PC office and the Clinic.  We get our cell phones tomorrow!  I'll be sure to pass along my number because you will be able to call me!  I will also be celebrating my 23rd birthday!

I'm currently eating some cold spaghetti and fried plantains.  I'm not really hungry though because on my walk home from La Sirena, the DR superstore, I stopped at another trainee's house and his Doña fed me cake and mango juice.  I will definitely be stopping there more :)

On Saturday, I hope to be relaxing on a beach.  We still haven't worked out all the details, but hopefully it works out.  

Then, next weekend all of the Trainees go on a volunteer site visit, where we get to spend the weekend with a current volunteer in our sector.  I will be traveling to the Southern Region near the Haiti/DR border.  I hope I'm ready to take on their transportation system solo.

No comments:

Post a Comment