Thursday, March 3, 2011

First Days


Day 1: We arrived this afternoon.  PCV's and staff greeted us at the airport. From there we went to a 'retreat' center. I had some delicious pineapple and super sweet coffee  before a short session about how training will go and a brief talk about medical stuff.  i got my mosquito net and we had dinner,which included rice,chicken, and carrots w/potatoes.

Day 2: We toured the training center today. It is going to be a great place to be the next 3 weeks.I started speaking Spanish, and I'm  not too bad. At the end of the day I met my host family. I will be staying with a nice lady and her 2 older kids.  Her 7 year old niece came over and talked my ear off.  I took my first bucket bath and will sleep under a mosquito net for the second night. My Kindle has been the best thing I've packed so far, free internet just about everywhere. I did have a moment today, I have temporarily misplaced my PC passport. I'll let you know when it turns up.

All I can ask is for the rest of my trip to continue to be like these first two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment