Saturday, March 26, 2011

Lately


Wow.  Time is flying by.  Last weekend I traveled to the South to stay with a current PCV, Rebecca.  She lives in a small town near the border, Commendador, Elias Piña.


I went to her Adult Literacy Class and her English Class.  Since it is so close to the border, there is a  Haitian market every Monday and Friday where they sell everything and anything.  Rebecca and I bought all sorts of food; eggs, cheese, bread, salami and avocados to name a few.  It was nice to be in control of what I ate.

I put up some photos on Facebook.

It's Thursday now.  The 3 training groups are going to different areas of the country today to continue technical training in what they call Community Based Training (CBT).  I am headed to the Eastern part of the country with the Education/Information Technologies group.  I am ready to get away from the craziness of Santo Domingo for awhile.  Hopefully our new city will be more relaxed.  If they don't have dogs or roosters I'd be the happiest person around.

No comments:

Post a Comment