Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pathetic

If school starts at 8:30, and recess is from 9:30-10:30,then the day ends at noon; when exactly are these kids learning anything?

Truth be told, they are not learning anything.  That is why I am working with 14 third graders who don't know their vowels.

Since Monday, the best attendance for teachers in the school has been 2 out of 6 if you include the director.  Two teachers showed up.  You are suppose to send a substitute when you can't make it, but many teachers do not want to pay a substitute, so they just leave their class without a teacher.  The kindergarten teacher sent a 13 year old today to teach her class.  Really?

When I showed up they were like monkeys who had just been let out of their cage.  They were climbing up the flag pole, walking across the desks, tearing the one poster there is off the wall.

You can imagine how frustrated I feel.  I want to freak out and yell at all of the 'adults'.  I cannot do a thing though.  News would most definitely get around that I am the whistle blower.  I would lose any respect they have for me, which is really none if you are a male teacher or the male director.

Ahh!  I get so stressed.  Luckly, on Sunday I am headed to beach with Laura.  My parents and grandma reserved a room for me as a birthday gift.  I can't wait to have a drink in hand on the beach, and pretend I am a tourist.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Nikki,
    Hear you will be back in Ktown in a few weeks?
    BL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel your pain. Must be agonizing.....hope you had a great time as a tourist on the beach..with drink in hand.
    BL

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete